NOTE: This article was published for the release candidate version. The final version of Mobile Express can be downloaded at this link.
The mobile version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM is finally here! See below for the relevant download links.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Mobile Express – Homepage [microsoft.com]
- Mobile Express for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4 i386 [microsoft.com]
- Administration and User Guide for Mobile Express for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4 [microsoft.com]
The administration page in CRM for this mobile solution looks really easy to manage. All you need to do is browse to Settings, then Mobile Configuration. Some things you can do here:
- Entities can be added and removed from the list of available entities by selecting the entity and clicking the relevant button.
- Entities can be assigned as Read Only or Editable.
- Choose the fields that are available for viewing.
- Publish the changes.
The entities supported in this solution are:
• Custom Entities (this is a big one!)
• Invoice Product
• Marketing List
• Order Product
• Phone Call
• Quote Product
Some other screenshots are below. I’ll give this accelerator a go this week. Let me know your thoughts if you’ve tried it already!